Schedule of Services
Schedule of Services
This section of our website lists the schedule of services.
( Other coming events are not listed here, they have there own section called Coming Events. )
Fasting for Presanctified Liturgy should begin after consumption of Lunch. Fasting through Great Lent should include abstaining from meat after Meatfare Sunday, and dairy products as well after Cheesefare Sunday. We may eat shellfish at any time, and fish with back bones on Annunciation, and the Entry into Jerusalem. Fasting for Holy Saturday should be a small dinner after that liturgy in preparation for the Pascha Vigil Service at 11:30PM. All of us should regularly participate in Confession (once every three to four weeks) especially during Great Lent in preparation for Pascha. To facilitate regular Confession, we will continue to celebrate a General Confession after Vespers on the first Saturday of each month.
Services of Great Lent 2020
- March 4 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- March 7 (Saturday) Vespers 6:30PM
- March 8 - 10AM Divine Liturgy, Orthodoxy Sunday
- March 11 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- March 14 (Saturday) Vespers 6:30PM
- March 15 (Sunday) Divine Liturgy Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas, 10AM
- March 18 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- March 21 (Saturday) Vespers 6:30 PM
- March 22 (Sunday) 10AM Divine Liturgy Sunday of the Veneration of the Cross,
- March 25 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts and the celebration of the Annunciation
- March 28 (Saturday) Vespers 6:30PM
- March29, (Sunday) Divine Liturgy Sunday of St. St. John Climacus,10AM,
- April 1 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- April 4 (Saturday) 6:30PM Vespers
- April 5 (Sunday) Divine Liturgy Sunday, St. Mary of Egypt
- April 8 (Wednesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- April 11 (Saturday) Vespers 6:30PM
- April 12 (Sunday) Divine Liturgy 10AM Entry of the Lord into Jerusalem,
- April 14 (Tuesday) 6:30PM Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts with potluck to follow
- April 15 (Wednesday) 7PM Sacrament of Holy Unction – Healing Sacrament, open to all Orthodox Christians (no fasting required before)
- April 17 (Friday) 7PM Holy Friday Matins
- April 18 (Saturday) 11:30PM Holy Pascha Vigil - Nocturns, Matins, Divine Liturgy, blessing of baskets.
There will be a light refreshment Coffee Hour after the Pascha Vigil in the Hall. You must stay for the entire service to participate. Don’t miss out
(9:30 AM - Church School is before Liturgy during school year, except first Sunday of each month)
Private Confession – Half hour before any service
9:40 AM - Hours
(9:45 AM - General Confession on the first Sunday of each month, except during Great Lent)
10:00 AM - Divine Liturgy -
(Coffee Hour after Sunday Liturgy)
The Church Council asks that all Pannikhida Services be restricted to the 3rd Sunday of each month. The Pannikhida, if requested, will be celebrated right after the Liturgy and before Coffee Hour.
From ancient times it has been an established custom to remember the dead on the 3rd, 9th 40th day after their repose. The parish will still respect this tradition, but for the anniversary of death or for the name day of our deceased loved ones, etc.,we would like to have this service monthly on the same Sunday.
(Arrangements can be made through Father)
(see also the article: Prayers for the Dead: Pannikhida)