WEEKLY CYCLE OF SERVICES - Every day of the week is consecrated to certain special memories, as follows:
- Sunday - Resurrection of Jesus Christ;
- Monday - the holy Angels;
- Tuesday - to the memory of the Prophets, among them St. John the Forerunner;
- Wednesday - Theotokos;
- Thursday - Memory of the Holy Apostles, and all sainted bishops, in particular, St. Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia;
- Friday - Life giving Cross, and the suffering and crucifixion of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ;
- Saturday - The Departed, the Saints, especially to the Mother of God, and to the memory of all who have died in the hope of resurrection and eternal life.