Please borrow or donate books.
- Parent Category: Ministries Section
- Category: Church Library
- Written by Site Administrator
- Hits: 4526
Please borrow or donate books.
This section of our web site (as our library itself) is incomplete and unorganized.
Here is a list of books that we should have, we may have have some of them already.
Books for Inquirers
- Ware, Bishop Kallistos, The Orthodox Church: New Edition Penguin Books.
- Mathews-Green, Frederica, Facing East: A Pilgrim's Journey into the Mysteries of Orthodoxy, Harper Books.
- Mathews-Green, Frederica, At the Corner of East and Now: A Modern Life in Ancient Christian Orthodoxy, Tarcher/Putnam.
- Farley, Donna, Seasons of Grace, Reflections on the Orthodox Church Year, Conciliar Press.
- Coniaris, Anthony, Introducing the Orthodox Church, Light and Life Press.
- Meyendorff, Very Rev. John, The Orthodox
Books for Catechumens
- Ware, Bishop Kallistos, The Orthodox Way , SVS Press.
- Schmemann, Alexander,For the Life of the World: Sacraments and Orthodoxy, SVS Press.
- Carlton, Clark, Truth: What Every Roman Catholic Should Know About the Orthodox Church (Faith Catechism), Regina Press.
- Hopko, Thomas, The Orthodox Faith, vols. 1-4, OCA-DRE.
- Schmemann, Alexander,Great Lent: Journey to Pascha, SVS Press.
- Schmemann, Alexander, Of Water and the Spirit: A Liturgical Study of Baptism. SVS Press.
- Farley, Lawrence,A Daily Calendar of Saints, Light and Life Press.
- Aslanoff, Catherine, The Incarnate God: The Feasts of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary (2 Volume Set), vols. 1-2, SVS Press.
- Archbishop Paul of Finland, Faith We Hold
- The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today's World, Conciliar Press, published by Thomas Nelson
Books for the Faithful
- Bloom, Anthony, Living Prayer, Libra Books.
- Bloom, Anthony, School for Prayer, Libra Books.
- Wybrew, Hugh, Orthodox Liturgy: Development of the Eucharistic Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite, SPCK.
- Schmemann, Alexander, The Historical Road of Eastern Orthodoxy, SVS Press.
- Meyendorff, John, Marriage: An Orthodox Perspective, SVS Press.
- Meyendorff, John, Orthodox Church: Its Past and Its Role in the World Today
- Bajis, Jordan,Common Ground: An Introduction to Eastern Christianity for the American Christian , Light and Life Press.
- Clendenin, Daniel. ed., Eastern Orthodox Theology: A Contemporary Reader: a Contemporary Reader, Baker Books.
- Payne, Robert, The Fathers of the Eastern Church, Dorset Press.
- Payne, Robert, Fathers of the Western Church (Reprints Series), Dorset Press.
- Ward, Benedicta, tr., The Desert Fathers: Sayings of the Early Christian Monks (Penguin Classics), Cistercian Press.
- Lossky, Vladimir, The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church, SVS Press.
- Anon.,The Way of the Pilgrim, SVS Press.
- Garrett, Paul D., St. Innocent: Apostle to America
The Fathers are an indispensable part of one's spiritual reading. Easily accessible collections are:
The Ladder of Divine Ascent, as well as others in in the Classics of Western Spirituality series.
The Apostolic Fathers, Baker Books.
The Philokalia: the Complete Text, Faber and Faber.
Also, the series on the Fathers published by SVS Press (such as St. John Chrysostom, On Wealth and Poverty).