The 25 most recent special programs published by Ancient Faith Radio
- Divine Liturgy - August 13, 2017
- Using Data at Cristo Rey St. Martin to Drive Student Achievement and Grow a School
- Keeping It Real: Mathematical Habits of Mind
- Mediating an Encounter with Beauty: A Fundamental Task of Orthodox Teachers
- First Things First—Understanding the Persons in Behavior Management (Grades 6-12)
- First Things First—Understanding the Persons in Behavior Management (Preschool-Grade 5)
- Orthodox Montessori: Spiritual Formation for Early Childhood
- Teaching Science from an Orthodox Patristic Worldview
- The Orthodox Faith Incarnate in Schools
Personhood and Economics: Insights from Dostoyevsky
On Friday, June 23rd 2017, the Very Rev. Gregory Hogg — Priest, Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America — delivered a lecture entitled Personhood and Economics: Insights from Dostoyevsky. We are witnessing the reductio ad absurdum of the liberal individualist view of the person, and many are looking to collectivist answers. Dostoevsky allows us to see that there is another way, between those two extremes. This lecture explores Dostoevsky’s view of the human person, and examines some implications of that view for ethical and economic topics.
Introduction to Orthodox Social Thought
On Thursday, June 22nd 2017, Dylan Pahman—Managing Editor of Journal of Markets & Morality and Research Fellow, Acton Institute—delivered a lecture entitled Introduction to Orthodox Social Thought. This course offers listeners an introduction to the fundamental principals for social thought from an Orthodox Christian perspective.
East Meets West: Consumerism and Asceticism
On Wednesday, June 21, 2017, Rev. Gregory Jensen—a Priest of the Orthodox Church of America—delivered a lecture entitled East Meets West: Consumerism and Asceticism. Asceticism is concerned with the “inner transformation of the human person, in his being progressively conformed to Christ.” Understood in this way, asceticism has a foundational role to play in any Christian response to the practical and anthropological challenges of consumerism.
- We’re All Absalom: Emerging Into Adulthood Alongside our Parents
- A Renewing Ministry, Part 2: An Old Ministry for a New World
- A Renewing Ministry, Part 1: We’re All Secular Now
- Bible Bowl
- Metropolitan Joseph Keynote Address
- Postmodernism, Nones, and Philosophy: Part Two
- Postmodernism, Nones, and Philosophy: Part One
- Pentecost for the Zombie Apocalypse
- The Future of Orthodoxy in the Postmodern World: Welcome to the Catacombs
- Address of Archbishop Alexander to the Gathered Clergy and Faithful of the Assembly
Metropolitan Amfilohije on St. Mardarije
Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro gives a homily on the life of newly canonized St. Mardarije at the Glorification Divine Liturgy July 16, 2017. The services were held at St. Sava and New Gracanica Monasteries in Libertyville, IL. The translator is His Grace Bishop Irenej of the Eastern American Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Bishop Irenej on St. Mardarije
- Divine Liturgy - Jul 2, 2017